Marketo: Custom Integration
Zesty.io can integrate seamlessly with Marketo's Rest API. Draw customers into a website with engaging content and capture lead information with a form that then syncs seamlessly with Marketo.
- 1.A Custom service is required to uniquely identify your client application. To create a custom application, go to the Admin->LaunchPoint screen and create a new service.
- 2.From the services options, choose "Custom." Input an appropriate Display Name, Description. It may be best to choose a descriptive Display Name and Description such as “ZESTY.IO INTEGRATION,” for clarity. For the user email address, select the API only user previously created.
- 3.After you create your custom service, click on “View Details” link on the grid.
- 4.Your client application will be able to use the Client Id and Client Secret to generate an access token.
- 5.Copy and paste your authentication token into a text editor for your reference. Your authentication token will look similar to the example below: cdf01657-110d-4155-99a7-f986b2ff13a0:int
- 6.Now you’ll want to find the endpoint URL. All requests to the Marketo REST API will follow the format:
<REST API Endpoint URL>/rest/To find your REST API Endpoint URL, go to Marketo Admin ->Web Services. Scroll down to REST API. Your Marketo endpoint URL structure should look similar to the example below:
- 7.Now you’ve got everything together to use your Authentication Token to Call Get Lead by Id API!
- 8.The easiest way to make your request to Marketo REST API is to paste the URL into your web browser’s address bar. Follow the format below:
http://<REST API Endpoint URL for your Marketo instance>/rest/v1/<API you are calling>?<access_token>Example
- 9.If your call is successful, it will return JSON with the format below.